Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roses on Paper Challenge blog..


Iris has put together a fabulous sketch this week over at ROP challenge blog. Soo..since I had a little extra time to play I put together this Valentine.  I discovered a cool technique while playing with my DCWV glitter paper..if you bend it around a little bit, you have the crackle effect!  I cut out the little hearts using a Sizzlit die, I then dropped some Tim Holtz distress ink on top and rubbed it into the cracks.  Its difficult to see the glitter in the photo, sorry!  But I think it gives it a vintage feel..love it! 
DP: Kaiser
Image: Magnolia, Tilda watercolored with distress inks
Flourish: Prima
Heart pin: Maya Road
lace: Maya Road
little roses spritzed with Glimmer Mist and sprinkled with coarse glitter.

3 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

Awesome! I sure am drooling over your flowers! I pre-ordered some yummies from Summer the other day! I CANNOT wait till they get here!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Iris Wiechmann said...

Teresa what a beautiful card! Love your take on the sketch and the idea with crackling the glitter paper is fab!!! Have to try this! Thanks for playing a long with us at RoP/BnW challenges and good luck!

Hugs,
Iris

Peta said...

Oh Teresa this is gorgeous. I'm sure the special person who receives this card will be thrilled with it. Thanks for joining us at Roses on Paper