Sunday, November 8, 2009

Winter theme cards

Christmas is my favorite time of year..I love making little gifts for the holidays! Every year I say I'm going to start very early and every year I get behind and time slips away from me. But this year I may be a little better than last because at least this year I've already started on Christmas cards and have several gifts bought already, woohooo! I have 10 little jars of peach preserves ready to add my little handmade tags and a loaf of pumpkin bread for friends and family, I love those kinds of gifts!

Here are some Winter and Christmas cards I've been working on. This is actually my second attempt at copics..the first was a complete disaster and will never be shown here, lol! I really really like my prismacolor pencils..but I have all these beautiful copics that I bought and I thought that if I don't give them another try, they will just dry up before I get brave enough to start using. They are just images after all..what is the harm. I kinda like how these Tilda images turned out, especially since I'm a beginner! I have a hard time blending and getting the face to look right without all the lines..its going to take some practice for sure! I have added some stardust accent to Tilda's white outfit..I LOVE that pen!! Papers are from MME and Fancy Pants..both are winter collections.

The Santa tag is one of the 3 I made for a swap, this antique Santa image went so well with the Basic Grey DP...and Im actually on the road to using up my stash..woohooo!








4 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

I think your Tilda's look great, T! Love the layout of the cards too! :O) Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Miss ya!

Hugs,
Lelia

Diane said...

Both cards are adorable! You're so talented.

Fiorella said...

Lovely cards, Teresa!

Karen said...

These cards are going to be cherished by the receiver. You do such nice work!