Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Altered Domino books...

These little things are just so cute and dainty and so much fun to assemble!!  I just love finding tiny little images  and creating a little book that will fit in your hand, a little tiny piece of art.  They are very easy to alter using some alcohol inks from Tim Holtz or you could even use your copics to color them right up. I love the marbled effect so I reach for the alcohol inks time and time again. 

You will need  a piece of ribbon or seam binding to glue onto the top of your domino to tie the two domino pieces together to form your book. This will need to be rather long..enough to wrap around your domino and tie.  Once you have picked out your image and cut it to size,  all you need is a little Glossy Accents to adhere it to your domino. Then I always give my image a good coat of Glossy Accents (or glass effect, crystal Lacquer or other brand). I add little bead caps to the bottom of my dominoes for feet. Next you will assemble your pages..I use the accordion fold method and glue tiny images onto the pages to match the theme of my domino.  Alice in wonderland theme books would be amazing...or a Marilyn theme book.  So darling.  I hope that you will try making one!  Here is what I have came up with for mine:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG! T,that is beautiful!

Teresa said...

Thank you Mel! If you would like to make one I will send you the ingredients. :) Just let me know..super easy!