Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Olde Curiosity Shoppe Tag

So I decided to join in on a tag swap over at Life on the scrap beach.  I've fallen in love with the Graphic 45 collections and I especially love the Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers and embellishments.  This swap was an Olde Curiosity Shoppe tag swap...use your imagination to portray what things you might find there. Sooo...I gave it a whirl and this is what I came up with. Granted..I did order the paper but after 2 weeks it still had not arrived so I was forced to come up with something on my own. lol..  I altered both sides of the tag and added a handmade charm and stick pin:


This is the front of the tag. I printed an eye chart onto canvas and frayed the edges. I painted over the dress form with crackle paint and distressed it with Tim Holtz distress inks. Flower is handmade using Tim Holtz distressed floral die.



And this is the back using another image printed on canvas as well as a tiny watch maker vial holding a lock and key. Another handmade flower along with a handmade charm to dangle from the top ribbon. Such a fun tag to make. Love all the vintagey goodness!! 



No comments: